Free  Personal  Search  Engines
South Carolina’s Premier Alzheimer’s And Dementia Care Community Expands Making It The Largest And Most Innovative Memory Care Program In The State
Bluffton, SC – December 10, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Imagine Ms. Johnson climbing into a classic New York City yellow taxi strategically placed in the middle of a brand new 12,000 square foot building; to the right Ms. Golden enjoying sundaes and Bing Crosby tunes in the old fashioned ice cream parlor; to the left Ms. Billings shopping in the 1940′s department store; to the front Mr. Ryan picking up newspapers, boxing gloves and stamps in the book nook, vintage sporting goods store and post office; to the back Mr. Samuels stopping by the barber shop for his weekly shave and haircut. Moments later, they enjoy time together in the outdoor courtyard complete with putting greens, dog parks and shuffleboard courts.
Open to residents 24-hours a day, this “Town Square” represents Main Street America reminiscent of the early 1940′s developed to bring back long-term memories and ensure residents relate to familiar settings from their yesteryear. Age related dementia can take a person far from the present. And when they drift into that far away place, Belfair Gardens, Bluffton, South Carolina’s premier Alzheimer’s and dementia care community, knows just what to do. We go back with them to 1942 – the year Ms. Johnson visited the Big Apple; 1944 – the year Ms. Golden met her husband over root beer floats; 1946 – the year Ms. Billings bought her wedding dress; 1947 – the year Mr. Ryan started boxing; and 1949 – the year Mr. Samuels received his first straight edge shave.
Given the increasing demand for high quality Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in the South Carolina Lowcountry, Bloomfield Senior Living, the owner of Belfair Gardens, is opening a new, state-of-the-art, 25-unit Alzheimer’s and dementia care addition. The Belfair Gardens program was an instant success and reached maximum capacity within 3 months of its January 2011 opening. And for good reason – the initial design – like the new addition – also had a 1940s “Town Square” theme. The new addition is licensed to accommodate an additional 45 residents, making Belfair Gardens the largest Alzheimer’s and dementia care program in South Carolina.
The Bloomfield Senior Living team, which has over 40 years of seniors housing experience as a family owned and operated company, reports that construction has been completed and the building will be open in December 2012 to accommodate the growing Belfair Gardens’ wait list. Scott Kantor, Tony Kantor and Bradley Dubin, principals of Bloomfield Senior Living, collectively reports “we have had more individuals on our wait list than residents. It breaks our heart not to be able to accommodate families who are looking for the best possible care and program for their loved one. We understand. We personally went through the process while looking for our own grandmother.”
Belfair Gardens’ one-of-a-kind concept incorporates unique care by design, unusually low staff to resident ratios, sensory-based programming, personalized attention and the best possible resident-centered health care that was innovatively developed by specialists with decades of personal and professional experience with memory care. Lara Williams, the Executive Director of Belfair Gardens, states, “anyone who has visited Belfair Gardens understands that there is no program like it within South Carolina, or the United States for that matter.” Belfair Gardens can accommodate residents with early, middle and late stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia. In order to accommodate the financial means of some of our families on the waiting list, Lara Williams reports that “the addition will not only continue to feature private suites, but ‘companion, friendship suites.’”
No related posts.
- Holiday Inn® Opens in the Heart of Historic Charleston, South Carolina
- South Carolina REALTORS® Release October Market Numbers
- Realtors® applaud bipartisan legislation to delay flood insurance rate increases
- South Carolina REALTORS® Release September Market Numbers
- South Carolina REALTORS® hold successful Annual Conference in Charleston
- Congressman Rice and Colleagues Advance Water Resources Reform Bill
- Tradition Hilton Head's Eco-FriendlyWater Reuse Partnership with BJWSA is First of Its Kind in S.C.
- Coldwell Banker United, Realtors(R) Acquires Coldwell Banker Coastal Properties
- Hampton Lake Offers First Freshwater Lakeside Vacation Opportunity in Hilton Head Island Area
- DeMint: Housing Bill Could Increase Foreclosures, Reduce Home Values
- Hampton Lake Hosts Lecture for Bluffton Historical Preservation Society
- HGTV to Launch New 'Green' Home Giveaway in Spring 2008
- Overwhelming Response to Inaugural Trademark Properties Liquidation Sensation Event
- Hardeeville Receives $2.5 Million From Core Communities And Tradition Hilton Head For Its Recreation Park
- Department Of Treasury Awards Wachovia $105 Million New Markets Tax Credit Allocation
- Graham Supports Bill to Benefit Homeowners